This post contains questions of FCPS Part- I Exam in Medicine (Nov 2013). The most probable answers are written in the option "A". Mistakes are expected; not final answers at all. You can send us your feedback and leave comments about the questions and answers below in the "comment section". Questions in RED need to be cleared. This post contains 100 MCQs. Click NEXT for more MCQs. Bear in mind, this post is just to offer you a high-light of the Medicine paper held in November 2013 by CPSP. Your feedback will be highly appreciated.
Dr. Muzammil Irshad
Dr. Imran Awan
1. The hormone which causes lipogenesis, glycogenesis and glycolysis?
C. Thyroid hormone
2. Post renal transplant patient presented with pneumonia not responding to antibiotics. On broncho-alveolar lavage boat shaped cysts were observed. What is the organism?
A. Aspergilosis fumigates
C. Pneumocystis cainii
E. Toxoplasma gondi
3. Antimetabolite that can be used for the treatment of some oncology:
C. 5 FlU
4. Patient with G6PD deficiency. What is most expected in the RBCs?
A. Heinz bodies
C. Psammoma bodies
5. Most fatal type of pulmonary embolism that causes extensive pulmonary necrosis, shock and then death:
A. Fat embolism
C. Air embolism
D. Amniotic embolism
6. Heparin acts on:
A. Antithrombin III
7. Free nerve endings
A. Are non encapsulated receptor
B. Are a type of special visceral enteroreceptor
C. Are found in voluntary muscles
D. Are not present in the epidermis of the skin
E. Detect only pain
8. Alcohol causes deficiency of:
A. Vitamin B
B. Vitamin A
C. Vitamin C
D. Vitamin D
E. Vitamin E
9. Which one will return late after acute blood loss?
C. Blood pressure
10. Aplastic anemia is best described as:
A. Hypocellular bonemarrow on Terphine biopsy
11. Isthmus of thyroid lies at:
A. C2, C3, C4
B. Above cricoids
C. At thyroid cartilage
D. C4, C5
12. Aspirin should be stopped before surgery. How many days the effect of aspirin remains?
A. 7-9 days
B. 3-4 days
C. 10-12 days
D. 14-16 days
13. What is true about trigeminal ganglion?
A. Completely covered with dura
B. Anterior part lies in the trigeminal canal
C. It lies beside cavernous sinus
D. Completely bathed in CSF
14. Action of methyl dopa?
A. Central action
B. Stumulation of beta-adrenergic
C. Stimulation of adrenergic ending at post-ganglionic fiber
15. Basic drugs bind with ____________ in blood:
A. Alpha 1 acid glycoprotein
D. Blood cells
16. Regarding arterial supply of the heart all statements are true except that