1. Reassure the patient: Relax the patient and relieve the anxiety. Eighty percent cases recover completely while twenty percents recover partially or do not recover.
|Right sided bell's palsy|
3. Steroid Therapy: If the patient presents within the first 6 days of Bell's Palsy onset, start tablet Prednisolone 5mg (Deltacortil 50-60mg or 4 tablets thrice for 5 days and then 2 tablets twice for next 5 days). Dose of deltacortil (prednisolone) is 1-2 mg/kg/day.
4. Antiviral Therapy: Some experts advise antiviral therapy. Give tablet Acylex 400mg thrice.
5. Physiotherapy: Physiotherapy like exercise, massage, biofeedback, laser, electrotherapy (galvanic stimulation) and thermotherapy helps the recovery.
6. Pregnancy: Prognosis is worse in pregnancy (50% recovery instead of 80% in non-pregnant). Steroid therapy is prohibited during pregnancy.
Keywords: Bell's palsy treatment, Bell's palsy management, Treatment of Bell's palsy, Eye protection, Steroid therapy, Prednisolone, Antiviral therapy, Physiotherapy, Pregnancy